[Cob] Cheap Land with no building restrictions

Dorothy Bothne dbothne54 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 22:26:04 CDT 2004

you still have to get a permit from the county to
build, remember the tax man wants a piece.
I'm in Travis County, a little north of Austin and had
to get a permit to build.  They were mostly interested
in the location of the house relative to the site and
the septic.  (The square footage of the house is
limited by the size of the existing septic system. )
They also wanted to know some broad details about the
house, such as what type of construction.  When I
tried to explain cob I just got a blank stare.
I don't need to have any inspections, but I am
building with codes in mind.  We already had water and
electric on the property.