[Cob] cob oven form THANK YOU/ texas land

Copper Harding copperharding at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 19:15:27 CDT 2004

OOOOh!  You guys are wonderful!  Thanks for the huge
number of creative suggestions!  I'm not sure what I'm
using yet as we're on an enforced weather break -
heavy rain! :)

I'm going to probably try the soil with heavy wet
newspaper over the top or the burlap/papermache idea.
I don't know that I've seen any willows in this area
and getting a barrel from someone giving something
away in Japan is a bit of a
song/dance/dictionary/charades sort of process for me!
:)

I can't thank you guys/gals enough for such useful
thoughts!  What a creative and resourseful bunch.

One side note:  About the land in Texas.  Last I
talked to anyone about buying land - if the government
has passed a law it doesn't much matter whether they
enforce it or not.  The law is there and if the
realator, owner, etc. tells you that there IS NO LAW
(no building code) then they are misrepresenting the
property and that is illegal.

I think it would be easier for the owner/relator to
say something like "I don't know what laws have been
passed but I've never seen a building code being
enforced out here - you have to check for yourself"
Otherwise I think that when the building code guys
show up on my property I am suing the relator for
misrepresentation.  I think Abe is probably a nice guy
who means to help you out but doesn't really want to
get himself in trouble down the road?!  I hope this
helps.

Just what I know from other people's problems.  My
personal problems only involve building a cob oven :)

peace,

Copper

=====
Ms. Copper Harding

If you can walk, you can dance
If you can talk, you can sing  --- from Zimbabwe