[Cob] Foundation for inside walls?

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 15 20:30:09 CDT 2004

No experience here, but.... since the pupose of a foundation is to keep
walls from moving, especially in relation to each other, I can't imagine you
being wrong.

And by the way, there used to be a sort of a joke in Nashville, that REAL
NASHVILLIANS used the bookstores instead of the libraries as their reference
sources.  Of course I would consider that only if they actually HAD the
books, that it would be in kind of bad taste to get them to order something
for you and then only look up what you wanted to know.
Deborah Denmark wrote (snipped):

I understand the foundation part for exterior walls but what is needed for
interior walls that are thinner?

I am thinking that interior features like benches or massive trombe walls
for heat collection need foundations just as substantial as the exterior
walls.  But I have not found info to support that also.  Just using what
common sense I have.  Am I correct on this?