[Cob] footings, international studies, etc.

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 16 08:45:27 CDT 2004

It might be time to post this link again.  A good booklet on holding your
earthen home together, whether the forces working on it are settling or
earthquake.  It's a PDF file, one of those things where you might as well
make a pot of coffee while you wait for it to load/decode.

Fifty two pages worth.  In addition my ISP is giving me fits this morning.
I was going to open the booklet to make sure it's still a good link, but I
think I'd better just send it.

If you go up a link--delete everything in the URL after publications, for
instance, there will be more publications listed.

Gernot Minke heads a school of natural building in Germany, and an issue or
two ago of that pretty magazine on Natural Building had a long feature, with
pictures, on his house.  Some of it looked to me rather as though his
students went wild with experiments, but....   Really did have an earthen
sink, part of an underground/living roof subdivision.  Subdivision!  In a
city!

http://www.gtz.de/basin/publications/books/ManualMinke.pdf