[Cob] strawbale, geodesic domes, and igloos

Dognyard dognyard at stockroom.ca
Fri Jul 23 14:42:59 CDT 2004

GlobalCirclenet wrote:

> Good discussion, huh.

LOL!! I was just thinking the same thing :-). Please don't take this the
wrong way, but you came across as difficult and argumentative at the
outset, but you HAVE sparked a very interesting discussion!

> But still I'd hesitate to do plastering or stucco without working alongside
> an experienced builder or plasterer.

I have often thought that when I get to an age I can actually retire,
that I would like to volunteer on a short term basis with various trades
- including plasters, masons, etc - to learn in exchange for helping out
- even if it's just being the "gofer". I can learn a lot from
observation alone. I can rarely afford to travel far or to pay seminar
fees, so most seminars are out of the question for me. So for now, it's
books when I can afford them, and the kindness of folks on lists like
these to help me learn.

Karen in Alberta