[Cob] even the professionals make mistakes....

Urban Arcadia urbanarcadia at comcast.net
Sun Jul 25 20:55:01 CDT 2004

> this can be a lesson to all of us, even the
> professionals who don't test their mix and their
> materials can have huge problems.

This reminded me of a televised documentary featuring the renovation of the
Frank Lloyd Wright house, Fallingwater in Pennsylvania (USA).  (The
following are not direct quotes - am stating this from memory.)
At the end of the program, the interviewer asked the person in charge of
renovations who was at fault for the failure of the cantilever?  The answer,
though softly spoken and almost embarrassing in response was, "The
architect".

While no reasonable person could argue that Mr. Wright was a professional,
even he was apparently not above an occasional mistake.  :o)

Sabrina Free

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts
can be counted." -- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)