[cob] moisture, mold, and walls

Barbara Roemer and Glenn Miller roemiller at infostations.net
Sun Jul 25 21:30:15 CDT 2004

Shannon wrote, in a very clear post:

> It is important to
>> note here that by escape, I mean pass through the wall, since it must be
>> able to reach the side of the wall with lower humidity, or it hasn't
>> escaped.

And through the walls is the normal escape route, but it's also possible to
leave the top of the bales open to the air, vent the attic well, causing
moisture which enters through the wall to exit the wall through the top.  In
this case, the builder in So CA who uses this method uses a render of the
same permeability both inside and outside.  Read about it on the Yahoo bale
list.

Barbara