[Cob] Retrofit cob infill.

Rudy Nunez cobjobber at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 18:31:03 CDT 2004

Greetings!
    I am new to the coblist.  I came recently from
Natural Building Colloquium East and I am ready to
start cobbing up the interior walls of my barn in
upstate NY.  I am looking at 2x6 studs, 24" oncenter.

    Does anyone have experience with "cob retrofit"?
Do I have to worry about wooden members bending due to
wind thus cracking my cobjob?
    Also, I would like to fill my cob walls with about
4"  of straw between courses.  Will I have less
moisture problems than with a strawbale wall?
    Your responses much appreciated.

-Rudy