[Cob] Cob in Alabama?

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 18:50:13 CDT 2004

Don't know of any.  A little bit of straw bale--e.g., the Burritt Museum in
Huntsville, some newer.

The Farm up in Summertown TN does occasionally have workshops.

And there's a woman somewhere between, at a guess, The Shoals area of
Alabama and Savannah TN.  She's on this list and might respond to you,
although I believe she actually lives in Mississippi.

North-west Alabama isn't that far from me, a little bit into Tennessee, so
I'm interested as well.
Todd Keith writes:
This is my first post and I'm curious to find out what cobbing is going on
in Alabama, where we live. My brother and I have plans to build a small
place, but would love to see some nearby examples and help out some if
anyone is building a home in our general area (Birmingham/Central AL).

We've both participated in workshops: he at Cob Cottage in OR and me at
Earthhaven in NC, and we're curious to see what others in hot, humid regions
are doing with cob. I've heard tell of some cobbing in northeast
Alabama.....but have no specific details.