Subject: [Cob] even the professionals make mistakes

Dognyard dognyard at stockroom.ca
Tue Jul 27 09:23:54 CDT 2004

Barbara Roemer and Glenn Miller wrote:

> The floor will  be a pounded Japanese style clay with a very small
> percentage of lime and of magnesium chloride, and can be hosed out.  It's
> over gravel, too.

Can you expound on this? I would like to know more! I had thought that
with my future horse barn, it would be great to have a clay floor
(without stabilizing with cement), but I thought it would be impractical
due to horse urine, etc. Maybe it is anyway, but could you explain the
percentages used and what the magnesium chloride does?

I love how the list has come alive in the last few days!

Karen in Alberta