[Cob] Re: Cob in British Columbia

coblist.to.theq at xoxy.net coblist.to.theq at xoxy.net
Thu Aug 12 12:25:27 CDT 2004

   >  Can anyone tell me how cob construction is viewed in BC? We are hoping to
Thanks to all (especially Ian for the enjoyable phone conversation!) for the links, information, and inspiration.

We're packing to head up into BC shortly, so will be in pondering mode for a bit. A couple of things I'll be pondering (and would welcome comment upon).
- Earthen floors for thermal mass in a more conventional structure
- Covering strawbales with cob (does the cob share the load-bearing?)
- Has anyone ever considered interior walls of cob in a conventional structure (if cob is not feasible wherever we end up)?

I imagine we'll be in brainstorming mode for some time. Thanks for your help and thoughts - this list is fascinating!

Cheers!
 - Patrick & Chris