[Cob] RE: Stone in cob

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 10:27:08 CDT 2004

I had thought that something like that was what the Evans-Roy experiment
tended to show.

I wonder if it means that a cob-like mix will do better for my log cabin
chinking.  I'll never know, because the problems could stem from the green
wood continuing to dry. Worth a try in either case.
Phil Hawn wrote:

We are currently working on a cob-cordwood home here in NC. We have added
about 5% lime to the cob for extra strength and short of taking a sledge
hammer to the wall (I dare anyone to do that to their home) it has bonded
well witht he wood. VERY hard and quick setting as a mortar. We also haven't
had a lot of shrinkage. Time will tell as to durabilty.