[Cob] RE:Interior Walls

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at HFHI.org
Tue Aug 17 14:05:40 CDT 2004

Well I'm in the contemplation stage of putting in some interior walls.

I'll be working with cob and wanted to throw out my ideas.

1.) just plain old cob, the same mixture I've used but make the walls
thinner. How thin?
Good question, maybe 4 inches thick? Less, more?

2.) Might be a good ideas to make the cob more straw intensive, that is
add more start than I added with outside walls. I've thought of the clay
coated straw but I think I needed to add a bit more clay than I added
last time.

3.) Use cord wood and cob. (since it's interior wall)

One wall will have a doorway / door.

Other ideas?

Pat