[Cob] rocket stove & radiant floor tubes

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 09:48:48 CDT 2004

Probably fine if you have lots of mass down below the flue.  Might be a
different story for the stove proper.  I don't know, the book may tell us
what kind of surround we need for it in order to put it on various kinds of
floors, near various kinds of walls.  Your standard woodstove information
sheets are full of this.  But you can't use woodstove information for the
rocket stove because the rocket stove burns a lot hotter.

My thinking on the bench is this:

a) heat rises.
b) the benches are usable as benches.
Lisa writes (not snipped at all)

Oh and I was also wondering, I have a cement slab with radiant heat pex
tubes in the floor
If I put a rocket stove on this floor would it be too much heat on the
plastic tubbing that might melt the tubes.