[Cob] rocket stove & Magnesium Prills for lime floors

dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Tue Sep 7 19:22:45 CDT 2004

>  I am looking forward to getting Ianto's booklet from Charmaine.  I've
> been wanting to build a modified one to use along with a cob oven in a
> modified kiln for low tem firing.  Say in the 1600-1800 degree range.
> This should be doable.
>
> Preston of the Mojave
> Off to Cedar Roses' natural plaster workshop in Michigan next week.

He Preston,  be sure to say hello to Cedar in person for me, I just
interviewed her ( via the show producer who set it up) on my local
K-MUD (In Humboldt co. CA) radio show in Aug.,  she did not seem know
who I was , and I was not able to coax her to speak about a lime floor
she is experimenting on.  (some people want to wait til things are all
tidied  and up before discussion, but... me, I like to share what's
going on as I do it...pratfalls and all : > )

  Lime floors seem to be all the rage now, ...but I am wondering if
anyone will be brave enough to do one on a post and pier or wooden
floor..

and speaking of lime floors--My friend Nolan sent me some Magnesium
Prills ( also known as ( non food grade)  Nigari) , and has a whole
pallet load of sacks he bought  he does not need...so will see if they
can be of use when broken down  and repacked into 10 pound sacks or
something.. a little goes a long way.

Prills are a part of the making of a lime &  clay flooring.

>  Charmaine Taylor Publishing    books at dirtcheapbuilder.com
PO Box 375 Cutten CA  95534 USA  -- 707-441-1632
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com  &  www.papercrete.com
NEW!  dirtcheapbuilder CD Info- 4,000+ Pdf pages- $7.