[Cob] oil and cob, floors, too

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 10:55:24 CDT 2004

Back eons ago, when my mother was an art student, it surely was heated, I
suspect that my mother had experience with disasters, from the way she
warned about it.  But yes, there are dryers added, probably then, certainly
now.

I have mixed feelings here--good to buy locally, keep our local Ace Hardware
in existence.  One hardware store/lumberyard  has already gone out of
business since I've lived here, so Ace is it.  That means that if you spill
a gallon of the stuff you can go get more--well maybe--on Sunday afternoon.

But certainly the stuff from Bioshield is greener.  It's what the Dancing
Rabbit people used, they also bought bioshield's the stuff to dilute it
with.  It's probably the same price from buildingforhealth as it is from
what appears to be the importers (used to be the sole importers):

http://www.bioshieldpaint.com/

Clint responded to me (snipped)

 > (Boiling linseed oil is apparently a "don't try this at home" thing, by
the
 > way.  It's been known to explode)

My understanding is that "boiled linseed oil" isn't actually boiled.
It has various chemicals (usually nasty and lead based) added to it to
make it dry quicker.  Buildingforhealth.com sells some linseed oil
that has some less-nasty things added to it to make it dry quicker