[Cob] two pennies and indian cob

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 18 09:16:44 CDT 2004

Welcome, DivaRose:

Lovely long introductory letter.  Thanks for clarifying mordants--and
alum/soap uses.

The idea that stuff--houses included--doesn't need to be permanent has a
very mixed history in the U.S. When I was a carpenter's apprentice we kept
hearing that 50 years was the expected life-span of residential houses.  But
then I know people buying and dismantling log cabins to put them up
elsewhere.  Americans are notorious for use-and-throw-away, both products
and packaging.

Much as I'd like to have a house that once built, stays that way!!!, I'm
coming to the idea that if I want "all natural" there's going to be a fair
amount of maintenance.  But it does sound like your situation has a little
too much.