[Cob] burnt mud

Copper Harding copperharding at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 20:09:03 CDT 2004

This was all I could find on the internet.  I am
wondering if anyone has any experience with this
stuff.  Do you know the ratio of mud/hay/manure?  any
ideas on temperature or method of "burning for a few
days"

The fact that it turned water-resistant says that
something chemical is changing?

thoughts? ideas?

>.In some cases, the roof was laid with a layer of
burned
mud "sarooj",
waterproof,@ Bukhash said.

 >In mountain areas where mud was available, sarooj
was made
by mixing
 >mud with hay and cow manure, burned for a few days,
then
powdered and
 >mixed with water. Doors
 >

 >http://www.aiys.org/webdate/kearev.html

=====
Ms. Copper Harding

If you can walk, you can dance
If you can talk, you can sing  --- from Zimbabwe

When you're out of balance
  gravity tends to get you down. -L.L. Harding