[Cob] Sill plates?

Marlin lightearth at onebox.com
Tue Oct 26 10:20:44 CDT 2004

from my perspective a tiller would be of more use for cob than for gardening....I'm firmly convinced that tilling is the worst thing we do for the soil, in many ways, write me if you want more details on that - i teach classes on mulch gardening and permaculture

On to the subject: Cob - I'm sure that it's been mentioned many times before but what's been the consensus on tiller cob? Tractor cob appears to be very inferior from what I've seen in mixing but suspect that tillers might do a pretty good job.....I hate the idea of gas fumes though (maybe a biodiesel tiller or electric?) right in your face all day

Any thoughts? I'd also be interested in the production difference experienced.

thanks

Marlin