[Cob] skylights

aaron allen cobmailbox at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 24 23:44:48 CST 2004

has anyone out there done any roofing that
incorporated simple skylights.  by simple I mean home
made.  I have seen/conceived of a few designs, but Im
interested if anybody else has an interest or ideas
pertaining to this.  specifically Im interested in the
interface between glass and different roofing
materials, as I have seen very effective (waterproof)
designs utilizing asphalt shingles, but would like to
avoid asphalt shingles and would like to use metal
roofing for water collection.  one of my ideas,
although I think I read about it somewhere else, is to
use flattened no.ten cans (a large tin can readily
available from the restaurant industry) and shingling
much the same as you would with asphalt shingles.  if
anyone is interested I could describe this design in
greater detail.
thanks,
aaron allen
cobmailbox at yahoo.com