[Cob] cob/earth oven also heating hot tub intake?

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 31 08:23:43 CST 2004

Something on the order of a Guzzler (Bosworth Company).  But I haven't even
checked to see if their diaphrams and plastic bodies will take 150 or so
degrees (F) water.  They might (bodies are delrin, so they probably will),
and I expect that all I need to do is call them to find out.  (They are
wonderful pumps by the way, even if I didn't learn until this summer that up
to a point, the slower you pump the more water it moves)

http://www.thebosworthco.com/pumps_2.htm#material

Kuznetsov may be the guy who brought the masonry stove into the 20th (at
least) century.  And I'd guess his ideas can be incorporated into your
plans.  (the site does exist in English:
http://www.stove.ru/index.php?lng=1  )

Right now a lot of us are fixated on the heated flue bench type of rocket
stove.  The rocket stove is simpler.  It will also wear (burn) out sooner.
It may also be easier to clean (this point is definitely worth thinking
about).

Karl wrote (snipped):

amanda, what kind of pump are you looking for?

www.stove.ru has some interesting solutions regarding hydronic coils in
masonry heaters similar enough to cob to nick his ideas i think?

k-)