[Cob] Wood Heat Question

Pack McKibben gakayaker at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 3 21:34:42 CST 2005

Charmaine,
My little round shed is 10' in diameter (78 sq.ft.).  I was originally
going to store tools in it.  After building it I decided I wanted to sleep
in it instead of using it as a shed.  I can use the MH for showers, cooking,
etc. and do my sleeping in my new "Guest Room".  Being so small, I want
a wood burning heater that is portable.  That way I can remove it during the
summer months for even more leg room.

I've seen some small stoves made from 5 gal. cans.  There's even a stove
made from a mailbox in an issue of Back Home Magazine.  My main concern
is building a small wood heater that will keep me warm and that will heat up
my 15" thick earthen wall (earthbags) and NOT put me to sleep permanently.
pack

dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor <tms at northcoast.com> wrote:
{snip}.....and is a tiny space...where did you put a sleep space? a loft? {snip}