[Cob] Wood Heat Question

Pack McKibben gakayaker at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 21:25:09 CST 2005

Charmaine, I remember seeing a picture of an earthen oven on a trailer
that they used at a festival for making pizzas in the Kinko Denzer EO book.
Tell me if I'm crazy, but that has inspired me to think about building a small
earthen domed oven to use as a fireplace.  I have a piece of 18" x 18" granite
I could use as a base.  Then I could use 3" stove pipe to route gasess out the
building, and use bricks to get the domed fireplace off the floor.  What do you
think?  My concern is, will I wake up dead from carbon monoxide poisioning?
I could easily remove the "portable fireplace" during warm months.
pack

[snip]...dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor <tms at northcoast.com> wrote:
I make those little rocket stoves ( and wrote a booklet on it) , but
they are for outdoor use, and cooking, not heating a space..
[snip]