[Cob] Re: My two cents about cob/earth oven also heating wateretc...

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 21:56:50 CST 2005

Thank you.  Actually I hadn't thought about the concept of pulling heat out
of a stove.

Ocean wrote (snipped):

We really don't want a water/heat exchanger to reside within the primary
combustion chamber of a wood stove (metal), masonry stove, cob oven, etc for
the following reason:  any heat "pulled" out of the stove will result in a
cooler burn, with more creosote exiting the stove and being deposited into
the chimney.

Since unburned creosote is potential fuel, this results in the best case -
loss of potential heat energy; in the worst case - more likelihood of a
chimney fire!