[Cob] Wood Heat Question

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 4 22:23:59 CST 2005

Waking up dead would depend on how leaky the building was.  Smoked out by a
chimney-less earth oven sounds more likely.  Might be able to catch most of
the smoke and head it out with some sort of huge inverted funnel, Or you
could just use a fire ring or a chimenea below the inverted funnel.

The Mexican houses I've been in with open fires inside did smoke up
everything.  They were leaky enough that carbon monoxide wasn't a problem.
But a year or so later I could open up something I'd not worn much since and
smell--MEXICO!  I don't think I could stand that much smoke now.

Are chimney's really intended to be hooked up and unhooked a bunch of times?

Pack wrote:
My concern is, will I wake up dead from carbon monoxide poisioning?
I could easily remove the "portable fireplace" during warm months.

[snip]...dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor <tms at northcoast.com> wrote:
I make those little rocket stoves ( and wrote a booklet on it) , but
they are for outdoor use, and cooking, not heating a space..
[snip]