Fw: [Cob] Wood Heat Question

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 09:33:04 CST 2005

duh!

Although the only time we used the pretty covers was small kid time when we
took out the free standing stove after it was replaced with a FURNACE for
the whole house.  Lovely, if not all that practical house, fireplaces in
most of the bedrooms, for instance, and no storm windows for winter.  And a
gorgeous wraparound front porch with wisteria over one end.  And a front
hall very likely the size of my trailer--lots more volume 12-foot ceilings
instead of 6 1/2.  Decent in those pre-air-conditioning days in the summer
because of the porch and the high ceilings.

Bill wrote (snipped a bit):

 > Hello AMANDA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ô¿ô They used to make pretty covers to fill
 >
 > the FLUE hole when the stove pipe was removed... ( and the stove )
 >
 > This was done every spring to free up space in the living room where
 >
 > the stove sat in the winter. In the 5 years that I spent in the North
Woods