[Cob] making a cob sandwich?

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Wed Jan 5 17:35:11 CST 2005

Has anyone built a straw bale house overlaid with cob, like an oreo
cookie?  I was wondering if cob would provide enough strength to let
straw bale construction go up beyond the current one story limit,
without using 2x4's, nails, and all that fun stuff.

I like some properties of cob, such as its strength and flexibility, but
I really like the insulating and sound deadening properties of straw
bale.  I'd like to combine the advantages of the two.  Are there some
special problems to watch out for in doing this?  Success stories?

Jonathan

--
Puritan: Purity of faith, Purity of doctrine. Sola Scriptura!
Eukleia: Jonathan Walther

Patriarchy, Polygamy, Slavery === Fatherhood, Husbandry, Mastery
Matriarchy, Monogamy, Prisons === Wickedness, Stupidity, Buggery

          It's not true unless it makes you laugh,
     but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.