[Cob] carbon monoxide...

David Knowlton pilot1ab80 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 6 06:58:16 CST 2005

can't criticize when one advises caution. our fireplace, 1922 bungalow, had
never
burned wood. we had it converted by a professional.

   it really sucks.

when i strike a match to light the fire the smoke is drawn inward. perhaps a
venturi
is part of traditional fireplace construction?????

if i ever build, i will buy a commercial fireplace kit, or commercial plans
of a sound
design...........i 'designed' and built a canoe with a friend. it floated
great, but
rolled like a log. point is - don't reinvent the wheel. i tried it, and got
laughed at,
by my wife, for my trouble. having the five foot alligator swim toward us
while
we were foundering was icing on the cake.

david in tampa