[Cob] RE: cobbing in CT.

Mary Lou McFarland louiethefifth at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 10 13:08:52 CST 2005

mention to you that if he taps in to your folks water vein that either you
or they will lose good water supply?, especially if you are closely located.
  Why 300 ft deep?  Granted, I'm located in the midwest  and generally we
aren't very rocky but 300 ft. just seems awfully deep.  My parents lived on
an acreage that had a well in the 25 to 50 ft range.  In August when it was
hot and dry laundry was done in town.  Re-fill was very quick and we were
never out of drinking or general use water.  With a shallow well you have to
be concerned about contaminants such as agricultural run off, which
generally isn't a concern unless you are in close proximity to a worked
field.  If you could do a shallow well check out  Lehman's web site.  They
specialize in serving the Amish community and if memory serves me correctly
they sell stuff for shallow wells...all the way from drilling to topping it
off with a pump.  We recently had to fill in a cistern because of the town
code and safety issues.  If we had a cistern in the country, I would have
hung onto it.  The cistern water could have been used for everything but
consumption.  Here we have a grocery store with a water re-filling station
and if we provide our own jugs, you can get filtered drinking water for
39cents a gallon.  Perhaps the cistern or shallow well could keep your
project on budget for now and the deep well could come later.