[Cob] outdoor cob bench.

secondfiddle at baymoon.com secondfiddle at baymoon.com
Thu Jan 20 21:16:20 CST 2005

We built a cob bathtub in the mud hut here that is sealed with oils. It works
well. I would think that an outdoor bench was was sealed as well would hold up.
The difference would be that the bathtub is indoors so does not get the driving
rain or the sun to break down the seal.

karin

> has anyone out there expieremented with uncovered, outdoor, cob benches or similar
structures.  I remember discussing with ianto his uncovered, untreated earthen
walls, but
Im thinking of a simple bench, built to shed rain, and sealed with linseed oil
and wax.  I
have a friend who thinks he would like this, and I think its doable.  Im just
looking to
see if anyone has tried it.