[Cob] RE: Susan's foundation

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:11:23 CST 2005

Sounds right.  Didn't the codes for adobe block at one stage require rebar?
(a nuisance to install, and if a wall did have to come down, all they found
of the rebar was some lines the color of dark rust)

Mary Lou wrote (snipped)

Personally, I would use re-bar in concrete but I wouldn't use it in cob.
Cob, by definition, is a material that breathes and can take in and release
moisture from the air so you have all the parts to that rusty recipe of air,
moisture and metal.  There you go, probably more than my two cents worth
,but I hope it helps you out.