[Cob] City Repair Oakland needs clay, sand, straw, rocks!

David Sheen davidsheen at davidsheen.com
Tue Jan 11 12:50:55 CST 2005

Friends,
I'm writing to you to announce...

City Repair Oakland West!

CROW is a grassroots organization helping Oakland reclaim its urban
spaces to create community-oriented places. We educate and inspire
communities and individuals to creatively transform the city. We
facilitate artistic and ecological placemaking through projects that
honor the interconnection of human communities and the natural world.

We have a web presence at:
www.davidsheen.com/crow

And now we need your help:
We are building a mini-ampitheatre out of cob.
(See the plans at:
www.davidsheen.com/ampeartheatre

We have no budget for the project, so we need all materials to be
donated.
We need:  CLAY, SAND, STRAW BALES, and BLOCKY ROCKS.
Do you have any?  Or do you know anyone in the Bay Area who does?
We've got about a week to locate the materials.

Thanks for your help!
=)