[Cob] Lime

Dognyard dognyard at stockroom.ca
Wed Jan 12 15:02:38 CST 2005

So...last fall I put some hydrated lime and water in a five gallon pail,
thinking I would be using it this coming summer on a little garden wall.
Well, now it's frozen...solid I think. Will I have to re-start a batch
in the spring for use later next summer? I might have to just wait and
see I guess...has anyone had any that froze solid? If so...then what?

With our wind chill factored in, it was a brisk minus 40. That's minus
forty on EITHER scale. Darn nippy.

I could bring it in the house (basement) and let thaw out...?

Any opinions?

Karen in Alberta