[Cob] Strange Idea yes or no?

dirtcheapbuilder-Charmaine Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Thu Jan 20 20:15:47 CST 2005

On Jan 20, 2005, at 1:09 PM, Elizabeth Fox wrote:

> There are some who say the wire mesh is not needed, that the plaster
> adheres better without it, and that a thick enough coat of plaster
> will act as a sheer wall.  I feel that anything you can do to
> stabilize the bales before the plaster veneer goes on the better.

these are not cob related questions, but   if you have tried to hand
plaster a wall with metal caging on it you would  not  say this
  10 minutes of experience will change your mind.

Trying to not snag gloves and fingers, the contatant bowing of the wire
away from the  uneven bales, etc.. makes it a tedious process from my
limited experience.

prolly should ask these questions over at the bale list as it is off
topic

Charmaine Taylor Publishing    books at dirtcheapbuilder.com
PO Box 375 Cutten CA  95534 USA  -- 707-441-1632
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com  &  www.papercrete.com