[Cob] Re:earthen floors-linseed and related earthen floor conversations

Raduazo at aol.com Raduazo at aol.com
Mon Jan 24 09:13:23 CST 2005

In a message dated 1/23/2005 11:05:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
clearned at bminet.com writes:
(Anyone have a percentage suggestion for
Psyllium?)
One of my neighbor's kids (Abby) has done a science fair project on earth
floors using finely shredded straw not Psyllium. In all of her mixtures she used
one part clay and one part straw, and the test that had 3 or 4 parts sand
seemed to have the most impact resistance.
    I used 1-1-3 and thought the mix was a little heavy on the straw, but
there was no cracking when the floor dried.
Ed