[Cob] Re:earthen floors-linseed and related earthen floorconversations

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 09:34:16 CST 2005

That's probably about the wood chip percentage on my floor.  (one bucket
water added, added to the clay-sand (also 1:3))  It trowel-finished nicely,
only cracked when there was a big hole underneath.
Ed answered the Learneds:

(Anyone have a percentage suggestion for
Psyllium?)
One of my neighbor's kids (Abby) has done a science fair project on earth
floors using finely shredded straw not Psyllium. In all of her mixtures she
used
one part clay and one part straw, and the test that had 3 or 4 parts sand
seemed to have the most impact resistance.