[Cob] structural strength and seismic resistance calculations

Robert Matthews rob at drtwiggy.com
Thu Jan 27 13:53:55 CST 2005

Dear List,
I live in Spain and to build a cob structure I have to work with an
architect to product a project for the College of Architects in Granada.
All new homes need this approval. This project will contain the
structural strength and seismic resistance calculations to demonstrate
they meet the required standards.  In order to do this we need to find
others may have done similar calculations with this material.
With regard to seismic tests I have seen the web site
http://stanleyparkecology.ca/programs/cob/index.html but I believe we
need more detail than this site provides.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Robert