[Cob] FW: Cob Code Research Project, Plus ??'s

Marlin lightearth at onebox.com
Wed Feb 9 14:28:03 CST 2005

I thought an innovative design was to build a 'temp' roof over the project area, supported by posts that were a few feet OUTSIDE the building envelope, planned in such a way to be supportive ENOUGH during construction but such that the earthen walls could be built up to the roofline without having to either bury or take out the supports.....therefore these posts become the posts for the wraparound porch that also seems like a great idea for earthen walls - no interference but protection during construction which is a nice plus if you run into a stretch of bad weather!

Marlin

           info at outtathebox.org
           www.outtathebox.org
"There are solutions to the major problems of our time, some of them even simple. But they require a radical shift in our perceptions, our thinking, and our values."
   - [Fritjof Capra]