[Cob] (cob) roof, poles, and so on

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:52:24 CST 2005

Me too.

With a plate to support the second (half) story.

Ianto's idea of lowering the roof onto the building doesn't appeal to me at
all, though.
Marlin wrote:

I thought an innovative design was to build a 'temp' roof over the project
area, supported by posts that were a few feet OUTSIDE the building envelope,
planned in such a way to be supportive ENOUGH during construction but such
that the earthen walls could be built up to the roofline without having to
either bury or take out the supports.....therefore these posts become the
posts for the wraparound porch that also seems like a great idea for earthen
walls - no interference but protection during construction which is a nice
plus if you run into a stretch of bad weather!