[Cob] Earth Sculpting & Building Party

David Sheen davidsheen at davidsheen.com
Wed Feb 9 16:28:31 CST 2005

Earth Sculpting & Building Party
this weekend

This past weekend's work parties at the Launchpad were a success... we
got a fair deal of building done, and dozens of people, old and new,
came out to help, and learn what cob construction is all about.  Again,
thanks to everyone who put in a lot of time to coordinate the work
parties.

We have uploaded 11 photographs from the work parties up onto the web.
They can be viewed at the City Repair Oakland West website:
http://oakland.cityrepair.org/ampeartheatre/party1.htm

There is still a good deal of work left to do in order to complete the
AmpEARTHeatre, and we need every spare set of hands that we can gather.
  To this end, we will be holding work parties this upcoming weekend,
February 12th and 13th.  Once again, we will be working from 10 a.m.
until 5 p.m. both Saturday and Sunday, and we will have lots of yummy
and nutritious vegetarian food on hand for everyone.  We are also
planning on having local DJ's spinning sets throughout the day and into
the night, after the work day is done.

So bring clothes you don't mind getting dirty...
and bring friends you don't mind getting dirty with!

Please circulate far & wide  =)  CROW - City Repair Oakland West
Please see flyer image at
http://oakland.cityrepair.org/ampeartheatre/party.jpg

Help us build an earthen ampitheatre
serving Northwest Oakland

Weekend Sculpting & Building Party - DJ's - Food
at the Launchpad  - 3833 MLK Jr Way @ MacArthur

Saturday & Sunday
February 12 & 13
10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Learn how to build affordable healthy, beautiful houses from COB
Also called monolithic adobe, COB is made by combining clay, sand,
straw & water, then mixing it with your feet, and molding it with your
hands.

Growing our community in harmony with our environment  =)

City Repair Oakland West - oakland.cityrepair.org
Launchpad - (510) 654-4588 - launchpad.tribe.net