[Cob] Where is easiest place for building codes in AppalachianMtn range

Pack McKibben gakayaker at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 20:31:34 CST 2005

snip...Where is easiest place for building codes in AppalachianMtn range...snip

I live in NE Georgia, near Toccoa in Stephens County.  The local building

inspector built a strawbale office building here.  That was one of the reasons I

decided to buy land here.  So far, all I've built are small projects, all natural

built, earthbag, cobwood, etc...He, like allot of small town inspectors say they

don't care what you build, as long as the plans have an engineers stamp.  With a

stamp  they'll approve most anything.  I'm sure the trick is finding a structural

engineer that knows about cob and will stamp your plans...

If you'd like to ask more questions about NE Ga. email me direct...

pack