[Cob] Where is easiest place for building codes in AppalachianMtn range

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 07:19:25 CST 2005

The big urban areas can be picky--NO TRAILERS unless they have been
grandfathered in all of Nashville/Davidson county, for instance.  And I'd
expect the 5-county area that includes Nashville to be pretty strict.  They
LOVE subdivisions and McMansions.  Probably also true of Memphis, Knoxville
and Chattanooga, maybe some of the counties with smaller cities. The
incorporated towns in the rural counties may also go with the standard
building code.  But out in deep country?  Sure.  The trade-off is that jobs
are in short supply in deep country.  Rents, when available, seem to be
high--if you wanted to rent as you built, and landlords squirrelly.

Phil notes (correctly):

Not that I would want to promote a state other than NC but TN has a very
relaxed building code in the mountain region.