[Cob] Design Concept

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 07:03:54 CST 2005

Two reasons (OK, three) I can think of, one of which might not be true in
this case, the other one might be worked around.

a) Bird feathers insulate at least partly because they have oil on them,
don't they?  Would that make them slippery?

In feather pillows the little feathers poke out all the time.  Not sure I'd
want either them or bigger ones sticking into my feet.

b) Distaste for dealing with dead chickens--maybe LOTS of dead chickens if
this was your primary non-clay/soil additive.  At a bet, the de-plucking
machines at the processing plant leave you with really dirty feathers.

By the way, I am notorious for thinking that things won't work.  Even when
there's really no problem at all.

Joe wonders:

why not mix chicken feathers in cob??