[Cob] Dung doesn't color the plaster

ocean ocean at woodfiredeatery.com
Tue Feb 15 09:59:28 CST 2005

The finish plasters are the color of the clay, which is either brown,
yellow, or the beautiful red clays of our Oregon coast range (lots of
ferrous oxide in the clay due to the iron content of the volcanic
basalt).  Even though the dung can be dark black, once mixed into the
clay slip/sand mixture the clay dominates the color.

We've found this to be true even if the plaster sits around in a bucket
for awhile (weeks!) and darkens in color.  Once dried, it lightens up
to the color of the clay.

Ocean