[Cob] a cob bathtub

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 25 18:06:23 CST 2005

There's been at least one--a friend of Charmaine Taylor--although she may
have used hemp oil, don't know if we ever got pictures or complete details.

Some of the others have turned out to be rumors.  Or made with a fairly high
percentage of concrete or asphalt emulsion--aka "stabilized earth".  Nothing
particularly wrong with that under the circumstances, mind you.

Gernot Minke has a sink in his house--written up in a past issue of Natural
Home.  Again, don't know if it was stabilized earth or not.

In the interests of lower maintenance, I may go with used cast iron.
There's a place that seems to refinish them up in the next county.
Lucynda wrote:

Didn't somebody here say they had made a cob bathtub covered in boiled
linseed oil and that it worked very well.  i would like to try ths in my
place but I'mhaving a hard time convincing my husband.  Does this person
have a picture of it?