[Cob] a cob bathtub

Karin secondfiddle at baymoon.com
Thu Mar 31 17:39:49 CST 2005

I am currently taking out a cob bathtub. It was sealed with hemp oil cut
with varying amounts of citrus oil, there was also cilium seed added. It was
a grand experiment and was used for about three years and continued to work
OK. It held water well except that it leaks around the drain. We couldn't
find a way to seal the drain to the cob. If the water was siphoned out
rather than ran through conventional plumbing there wouldn't have been a
problem. I am currently hacking it out. It is a massive thing. Like I keep
hearing, you need to experiment experiment and experiment.
Karin