[Cob] a cob bathtub

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:56:11 CST 2005

Glad to hear from you.

I know I didn't think about the difference in expansion between the drain
and the cob.  Which could have been what gave you fits, if it wasn't that
the drain was just too slippery to work.

Karin wrote:
I am currently taking out a cob bathtub. It was sealed with hemp oil cut
with varying amounts of citrus oil, there was also cilium seed added. It was
a grand experiment and was used for about three years and continued to work
OK. It held water well except that it leaks around the drain. We couldn't
find a way to seal the drain to the cob. If the water was siphoned out
rather than ran through conventional plumbing there wouldn't have been a
problem. I am currently hacking it out. It is a massive thing. Like I keep
hearing, you need to experiment experiment and experiment.