[Cob] digging, round stone, cob bathtub

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 26 21:24:02 CST 2005

For pretty good reasons, most of the professional workshop people won't come
unless you've taken a workshop from, if not them at least somebody who they
know does good work.

(You have some idea what you're supposed to do as the host, how much needs
to be done before the workshop, what the participants expect, and you don't
have to have your hand held all the time.)

That said, I hosted a "nearly blind leading the blind" work party for my
floor. We had fun.  We got a lot done.

If someone not too far away needs a hand I feel free to go.  The people at
the work party are allowed to holler at me if they need a hand.  I'll learn
a lot.
Judith Williams wrote (snipped):

I would like to know how to get a group up here to help me as a workshop. I
welcome any input on this. I have not attended any workshops and have not
actually seem any cob houses but have built conventional homes and feel I
have enough knowledge to build a cob house. It's just that I would feel a
lot more comfortable having someone experienced to advise me. And I'm sure
it would go a lot faster with less much time being spent correcting
mistakes. Thanks to all the participants of the discussion group. I'm
looking forward to learning a lot from it.