[Cob] magazine?

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 22:55:16 CST 2005

Open to suggestion here!

Nothing specific I know of on cob.  So these are really general.

A couple of ezines or blogs.

One from Texas--if you go to the wolf page, you'll hear a howl that
terrified one of my cats.

http://www.rebelwolf.com

And Kelly Hart's:

http://www.greenhomebuilding.com/weblog/archive/2004_12_01_archive.htm

And in print

Countryside has bad paper, reports from thems that are doing it, often bad
pictures.  But they love an acquaintance, he gets published every year or
so--his pictures aren't bad, getting better, too.  And there's something
very similar that has a guns for self-defense column, although it's
columnist based.

Mother Earth News has better photographs, better written, generally.  But it
had a bad reputation for a while at least. (S E L L O U T)

Home Power seems to be catering now to people who can do $60,000+
cogeneration (or really high-end off-grid) systems.  (There's lots and lots
of tax incentives to sell electricity back to the grid.  Unfortunately this
may make  PV out of reach for those who want a small independent
system--already there's a pretty serious shortage of panels, and prices are
going up in step with the tax incentives)

I generally do get Natural Home, and the Taunton Press version Inspired Home
  (it could be the other way round) as well as the others, because the
pictures in those two are so nice, and I occasionally find ads for things
I'm looking for sources for.  And every once in a while an article IS good.

One of these days I may get up enough energy to actually subscribe to the
British Permaculture magazine, articles have been all over the place in this
one,from cob to farming in Kenya or some nearby country.  Ah, you can
subscribe on-line (occasionally a not-too-distant bookstore has it in
stock):

http://www.permaculture.co.uk/PP/About.html
Carmen asks
So, is there a magazine for the rest of us? :)