[Cob] rocket stove(s)

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Mon Apr 4 14:47:44 CDT 2005

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005, Amanda Peck wrote:

> I don't know.  I was wondering the same thing.
>
> Don't you need TWO metal barrels, and/or cut-off welding tanks or something
> for one of those stoves?
[snip]

The barrel used where you feed the wood in is optional, it is simply
a convenient size and shape and works well for cutting off air flow
through the system when it is not in use (by putting the lid on the barrel
used for feeding wood), there may be other advantages that I am not
thinking of, but since you need to line this area with firebrick anyway
and it is not the hottest part of the system, wrapping it in cob or
something else should be fine.